- Born: June 24, 1967, Bucharest, Romania
- Planning and Cybernetics Faculty (Academy for Economic Studies, Bucharest) graduated in 1989, then she attended
courses for Analyst Programmer.
- Between October 1989 - January 1990 she worked as an
economist at the IT Departement of the Plant for Machine Tools in
- Between January 1990 - June 1990 she was transfered to a similar
company in Bucharest, as an analyst programmer at the IT
- Beginning with June 1990 she worked as a reporter and
analist editor at "Azi", "Cronica Romana" and "Curierul National". She wrote many commentaries regarding Romanian domestic and foreign politics and interviewed a number of prestigious personalities.
- Beginning with 1992 she worked as an expert at the Romanian Presidency (the Office of the Spokesperson of the President of Romania).
- Between 1996 - 2000 she was an expert at the Romanian Senate. At the same time, between 1997 - 2000, she held the office of Executive Secretary and Head of the Department for the Public
Relations, Press and Image at the Romanian Social Democratic Party (PDSR)
- Between 1997-December 2000 she activated as Vice President of the PDSR Women’s Organization.
- At the elections in November 2000, she was elected Deputy (M.P.) for the PDSR in the Romanian Parliament.
- 2000-2004 - Presidential Advisor (with the rank of Minister), Spokesperson and Head of the Public Communication Department.
- At the elections in November 2004, she was elected Senator (M.P.) for the PSD in the Romanian Parliament.
- On June 27, 2005, as a result of the voting of Reunited Chambers of the Romanian Parliament, Corina Cretu was elected member in Romanian Parliamentary delegation of observers to the European Parliament.
- 1999 – She participated in the Program for Political Parties organized by the National Democratic Institute (Washington and New York).
- 2000 – She participated in the EUVP Program for young leaders from member countries of the EU (Belgium and Holland)
- 2003 – Graduate of the College of Security and International Studies – Senior Executive Seminar, George C. Marshall, Garmish-Partenkirchen, Germany
- In June 2004 - She participated in the program initiated by the State Government for a better understanding of the US institutions functioning and for the development of the Romania-US bilateral relations. Within the framework of the program, she met important personalities of the US political and academic life, as well as representatives of the media and NGOs
Affiliation to other Organizations:
- Member of the Scientific Council – Romanian Institute for Social Democratic Studies.
- Member of the European Union Network for Southeast European Policy.
- English - fluently
- Russian and German - working knowledge